Financial Evidence Required for Student and Child Student Route Applicants for the United Kingdom (UK) Visa

If you’re coming to the UK, you’ll need to prove you have enough money to support yourself and any dependants in the UK. What you need to show depends on the route you’re applying on and your personal circumstances.

Overview of financial requirement
The financial requirement is that you show you have enough money to support yourself while studying in the UK. Usually you’ll need to show a set amount of money for each month of your course, for up to 9 months.

If you’re applying from overseas, or if are applying in the UK but have not been here with permission for 12 months or more, you must show that you have enough money to cover your course fees (and boarding fees, if relevant) and living costs.

You might not need to provide financial evidence if you’re from an exempt country but you should still make sure you have enough funds. UK Visas and Immigration may ask you to show that you have them.

You do not need to show funds if you are applying as a Student Union Sabbatical Officer or to study as a doctor or dentist in training.

How your finance requirement is worked out
The amount of money you need to show depends on:

your course fees, which are set out on your confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) Your education provider will send you the CAS once they’ve offered you a place on a course
the length of your course
whether you have already paid some money to your sponsor
your course of study or type of student permission you are applying for
where you are studying – the amount is different if you’re studying in London
if you have paid any money to your sponsor for accommodation; up to £1,334 can be deducted from the funds you need to show
your living arrangements, if you are aged under 18
If you are allowed to bring dependants (your partner or children) you will also need to show you have enough money to cover their living costs.

Child Students
The amount of money you need to show depends on:

your course fees
your boarding fees if you are boarding at the institution
the length of your course
who you are living with and where you are living
If you have children under the age of 18 who you are financially responsible for and who live with you, you are not permitted to bring them with you on the Child Student route.

Types of funds you can rely on
You can show you have enough money using:

an official financial or government sponsorship or grant
a student loan from a government, government sponsored loan company, or a regulated student loans scheme
your own money
your parent’s money (if they provide a letter confirming they agree to you using it this way)
your partner’s money if your partner is present in the UK or applying at the same time
What evidence is not accepted
The following are not accepted as evidence to show you have the required amount of money:

bitcoin savings
stocks and shares
bank accounts that are not regulated by the financial regulatory body in the country in which the bank operates
bank accounts that don’t use electronic record keeping
Control of the funds
You, or the account holder (such as your parents or partner), must have control of the funds you are relying on.

You must show the funds have been held for 28 days, unless you are relying on a student loan or official financial sponsorship.

The bank statement(s) or evidence you use to show funds have been held for 28 days must be from the 31 days before you submit your application. The 28 days is calculated by counting back from the date of the closing balance on the most recent financial evidence.

Evidence you need to provide
If you have official sponsorship
To prove you have official financial sponsorship you need to show your reference number for confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS).

If your official financial sponsorship is not recorded on your CAS you’ll need to show a letter of confirmation from the official financial sponsor. If you are not sure ask your sponsor. The letter must show:

the date
the name of the financial sponsor
contact details of the financial sponsor
how long the sponsorship will last
the amount of money that is being given or confirmation that all of your fees and living costs will be covered
If you have a student loan
For student loans you need to show a student loan letter which:

is dated no more than 6 months before the date of application
confirms the loan is a student loan provided by either the relevant government or a government sponsored student loan company or an academic or educational loans scheme
confirms there are no conditions on release of the loan funds other than a successful application to study
confirms the amount of the loan
confirms the loan is for you
is on official stationery
confirms the funds will be available to you, or paid directly to the sponsor, before you begin your course
If you’re using your own money
If you’re not being financially sponsored or relying on a student loan, your funds can be held in any form of personal or building society account including a:

current account
deposit account
savings account
pension savings
investment account
Cash must be in an account that allows you immediate access.

Funds must have been acquired legally and if you were in the UK you must not have earned them when working illegally.

If you’re using your own money, or that of a parent or partner you’ll need to show you have the required amount of money in an account. You can provide:

bank statements
building society passbooks
certificates of deposit
a letter from your bank or building society
Your bank statement should show information like:

the date it was issued
your name (or the account holders name if it is your parent or partner)
the name of the bank or building society
balance on the account
You can provide a download of electronic bank statements as long as it has this information. You do not need to have these stamped by the bank.

We may do verification checks with your bank. If we’re unable to verify the funds your application may be refused.

Money in other currencies
If your money is held in a foreign currency this will be converted into pound sterling (£) using the spot exchange rate on OANDA for the date of the application.

For more info, please consult the link

%d bloggers like this: